Boreal Springs

July 31, 2008

O`Hanlon – Round 17: ‘Anxiety, Pt. 1′

Filed under: O`Hanlon — Tags: , , , , , , , — Mao @ 7:24 am

Mary and Derek O`Hanlon’s days are ending and they still don’t have a grandchild. Julie and Asia are starting to feel the strain, while Gina worries that everyone is too worried about things they can’t control.

Julie sat on her bed, contemplating the issue at hand. Asia still wasn’t pregnant and they’d been trying for a long while now. Something had to be wrong. Before her thoughts could wander, Gina joined her and offered some sage advice.

“Maybe it is better if you don’t think too hard on it, Julie. Why does Asia have to be the one to get pregnant?”

“She volunteered, she said she wanted to know what it was like,” Julie replied, a little sadly. “I really don’t want her to be upset if something is wrong.”

“You both want a baby, right? So what does it matter who carries it? Think about it, Julie. Asia would be more upset if she was the reason you two didn’t have a child.”

Julie took Gina’s advice and went to Asia. While Julie wasn’t exactly the type to enjoy maternal things like pregnancy, it was a small price to pay to have a baby. She only hoped Asia was as willing.

“I… I guess it makes sense,” Asia admitted, though reluctantly. “But I really wanted to experience the miracle of childbirth.”

“You still will, just from the safer, viewer perspective,” Julie smiled. “We’ve been trying forever, Asia. It’s worth a shot, isn’t it?”

“I guess so…”

It worked like a charm, Julie was soon pregnant and Mary was overjoyed. She ignored the oddity of two females biologically making a child and instead focused on the fact that she was going to have a grandchild to inherit the property.

“How do you feel?” Mary asked, looking up from Julie’s belly.

“Like crap,” Julie confessed wearily. “This sucks, I hope it’s a boy. I don’t want to have anymore.”

Mary laughed, “try having twins!”

“No thanks.”

Marla stopped by to offer her support. She didn’t get a chance to visit very often anymore, not with little Kit at home. When she did come over, she and Julie enjoyed reconnecting. Julie knew all about Travis’ little indiscretion with Katarina.

“You haven’t told mom, have you?” Marla asked, giving her twin a hug and minding her belly.

“No, of course not,” Julie replied, pulling back. “How is it going?”

“Slow, but better. Anything is better than a divorce though, right? We’ve had plenty of those lately.”

“Yeah, that’s true. But I think you should do whatever is best for you, Marla.”

“This is what’s best… for me and for Kit.”

Derek did not get a chance to see his next grandchild born. He died late one night in his sleep. The doctors said his heart simply stopped working. He was old and it was his time. Mary was inconsolable and Gina was equally distressed. When Sara found out, she cried so hard Nathaniel thought she was dying.

The saddest thing of all was perhaps that Derek died never knowing his final daughter, Elena.

Timothy O`Hanlon was born a month later, to everyone’s happiness. His presence in the house brightened the mood considerably, everyone busy trying to keep him happy and healthy. He had all the O`Hanlon features and was the first boy born that would inherit the house. Mary was over the moon with pride.

————

Note from Mao: Deeereeeek! I was so sad when I saw death come sweeping in to take him away. :( Julie getting pregnant was a freak occurence, no clue how it happened. At least it did, yay!

13 Comments

1. Aw! Derek is gone…that does suck…he brought so much drama and now he is gone. Aw…at least Mary can fawn over Timmy-boy until her time comes too…now I’m depressed, thinking about your sims dying. xD

I will miss Derek! He definitely populated the hood, though, lol. Haha, I know, it sucks… but well, I need room!!

Comment by Elecy — July 31, 2008 @ 8:44 am

2. Gina stole the words right out of my mouth. ;)

:’( Goodbye Derek!

Maybe she overheard you. ;)

Comment by Christina — July 31, 2008 @ 9:05 am

3. yea! a wittle little baby! I love Gina-always the wise sage, what’s going to happen when she passes to the other side.

Hahaha, I know! I was wondering the same thing. Who will be the one to give out the sagely wisdom? Lilith?!

Comment by starrsim — July 31, 2008 @ 9:23 am

4. NOOOOO not Derek. Poor Sara I know that was pretty hard on her. Welcome little Timothy. He is sure to get spoiled in a house full of women.

I haven’t loaded their house yet, but I’m expecting Sara to be inconsolable! The first male O`Hanlon heir… yay! Too bad my hood is currently overrun with boys.

Comment by Detris — July 31, 2008 @ 10:36 am

5. Great updates, Mao! Everyone is growing up so fast! That’s so sad about Derek dying…but he had a very eventful life! And populated the hood with lots of Saunders! But he will be missed!

Time flies! He definitely did, those darn Saunders, LOL!

Comment by Mandie — July 31, 2008 @ 10:37 am

6. Aww, poor Derek. He will be missed. Timothy looks adorable, I wonder if he got any of Asia’s features. :)

Oh boy, I hope not. He needs to look like Julie, LOL!

Comment by Josh — July 31, 2008 @ 1:19 pm

7. Aww, Derek… :( I’ll miss him. And he certainly more than did his part with populating the hood, haha. And I hope Timothy is a Julie clone!

Haha, me too, on both counts. Seriously, a plague cometh if this boom keeps up. xb

Comment by Cassie — July 31, 2008 @ 5:15 pm

8. Awww, I’m glad that Julie and Asia finally have their baby. Just hope that little Timothy didn’t inherit Asia’s facial features, the face template she has looks… well, hideous, in males.
    I can’t believe Derek’s actually gone :( His bad decision making and Saunders tendency to procreate in vast numbers were some of the things that defined Boreal Springs for me.

Haha, yeah, I was getting worried! Asia doesn’t look bad, but I agree, the features aren’t so great on males.

Comment by Monika — July 31, 2008 @ 8:53 pm

9. Well at least you can’t say the old man had a boring life. LOL. The first boy O’Hanlan! I’m really curious to see how this boy turns out. :D

Very true! We’ll have to wait and see.

Comment by Tammy — July 31, 2008 @ 10:47 pm

10. Oh… Derek :( … how sad.

At least there is some new joy with baby Timothy.

With death comes life, it seems.

Comment by Kyri — August 1, 2008 @ 4:50 am

11. Gina is so wise with her advice and has been so stable throughout, I’ll be sad when it’s her time too.

Asia’s not upset that it was Julie who gave birth, is she?

I know! What will Boreal Springs do without her? And maybe you’re onto something there…

Comment by Ann — August 1, 2008 @ 1:40 pm

12. Ok, I thought I’d wait until I was all caught up before I commented….but I’ve been reading a bit every day and I’m still far behind. So I’m commenting :)

I’m really not sure why it’s taken me so long to read your prosperity, I’ve had it bookmarked for ages. Anyway, I actually just wanted to say that I think Julie looks like Morgan, Dexter’s sister. And also, welcome to the soapie club, hee hee. I’ve recently decided I’m bored with TS3, so I’m back to TS2 and loving it. I just can’t like that whole RPG feel they’re giving TS3….dunno why, but it irks me.

Anywho, I’m loving BS. Such a wicked web your sims are weaving, lol :)

Comment by Taryn — March 4, 2010 @ 4:38 am

13. Lol, sorry for the mistake. I meant Debra Morgan, Dexter’s sister.

Comment by Taryn — March 9, 2010 @ 3:45 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress